I’m a bit behind in posting this one, as it appeared in the February issue, but Anthropology News is featuring two related series of articles one on “Reproductive Technologies” and the other on “Reproductive Subjects.” A nice thing about this feature is that all of the articles are freely available without subscription.
A few highlights:
Cecilia McCallum, Ana Paula dos Reis and Greice Menezes, Successful and Failed Reproductive Subjects: Miscarriage and Abortion in a Brazilian Maternity Hospital
Ellen Lewin, How Gay Fathers Dream the Family
Take a look at the rest of the articles here.
- ‘Population Prescriptions:’ Pronatalism and the Fear of Underpopulation in Post-Soviet Russia
- The biopolitics of maternal mortality: Anthropological observations from the Women Deliver Conference in Kuala Lumpur
- Top of the heap: Angela Garcia
- Bianca Brijnath's "Unforgotten: Love and the Culture of Dementia Care in India"
- What is a Family? Refugee DNA and the Possible Truths of Kinship