The Association of Africanists in Germany e.V. (Vereinigung für Afrikawissenschaften in Deutschland) has extended their call for abstracts for their 2012 conference on Embattled Spaces/Contested Orders in Cologne, Germany. Not all of the panels will be held in English; however, several of them specifically request applicants to hand in abstracts in English. Topics of panels range from governance, language and media to animal spaces, land reforms and (post-) revolutionary dynamics. Medical topics may fit into certain panels. Abstracts are due on December 31st 2011.
- A conference on "Medical Anthropology in Europe" (July 1 -2, Oxford, UK)
- Call for papers: Culture-nature revisited (June 8-11, 2011, Grenå, Denmark)
- CFP: (Bio)Medicine as culture in post-socialist Europe (Prague, June 10-11, 2011)
- Therapeutic Encounters: Emerging research in health and medicine in Eastern Europe
- Call for papers: Ethnographies of Biomedicine in Post-Socialist Europe, Bucharest, June 2012