Somatosphere is a collaborative website covering the intersections of medical anthropology, science and technology studies, cultural psychiatry, psychology and bioethics. We encourage a range of viewpoints to raise critical questions, debate and commentary about contemporary and historical matters of science, healing, illness, and the body.
We are always looking for contributions and we encourage you to submit suggestions for posts you would be interested in writing. The kinds of posts we have published in the past (or would like to publish in the future) include:
- Pieces about conceptual issues in medical anthropology or related disciplines
- Posts reflecting on issues of general or public concern through the perspective of medical anthropology
- Research or fieldwork reports
- Book or film reviews
- Event (conference, workshop or lecture) reports
- Video or audio recordings of lectures or interviews
- Photo essays, interactive pieces or other multimedia presentations
- Syllabi and accounts of experiences teaching medical anthropology
- Topic-focused bibliographies for teaching or research
- Announcements for conferences, panels, workshops or positions
This is not an exhaustive list: we are interested in any other ideas you might have. Submissions will undergo an internal review process among the site’s editors and regular contributors.
If you are interested in submitting or pitching an idea for a piece, circulating an announcement or reviewing a book, please get in touch with us at: admin AT somatosphere DOT net
If you are a book author, publisher or publicist interested in suggesting a book to be reviewed on the site, or if you are interested in reviewing a book, please contact Seth Messinger, Book Reviews Editor, directly at: sethm AT umbc DOT edu
Contact us by email with any other suggestions, feedback or questions at: admin AT somatosphere DOT net